TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

225 distributor install

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » 225 distributor install users admin

Marty_valiant
Post Number: 1
Monday, May 09, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
im new to this slant six world and having some problems. I am having a hard time setting up my distributor to its right position. attached is how I been setting it up but not working. My luck I may be way off.

}
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 293

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Marty it could be 180 degree's out. You also have to watch the valves on #1 cylinder and watch for a compression stroke. Or you could just take a chance and put the distributer in 180 degrees out and see if it runs. It is also possible that the ring on the harmonic balancer has slipped and your mark is out, although it would have to be way out for it not to run al all.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
C_onvx4
Post Number: 13

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 4:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
A distributor for the slant six needs to be assemble correctly, if you took it apart. The top mechanical plate needs the grove for the rotor to align with the lower gear with the pin thru one tooth. I learned this the hard way.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: