TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Center Console 66 Barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » Center Console 66 Barracuda users admin

Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 50
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I am putting a center console in my 66 w/auto trans. I was able to pick up a complete console for free from a friend. My question is that in pictures that I have seen, there is a black stripe down the center of the console - is that stripe just something on top of the console or is there supposed to be a groove that was painted black. The reason for the question is the one I got is completely flat and all solid chrome - needs a little cleaning and polishing but other than that it appears to be in pretty good condition. Anyone know about the stripe down the center?

Chuck
Daprez
Post Number: 314

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 6:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Chuck
I took a few photos of my 1966 Barracuda console.

https://www.facebook.com/earlycuda/

You may have a console from a later model that is just chrome.

The original is chrome on the sides, argent on the flats with the center recess painted black.

Roger Kizer
1966 Barracuda, 318 V8, 904 AT, 7 1/4 rear, 4 Piston Kelsey/Hays Front Disc Brakes, 10" Rear Drum, Throttle Body Fuel Injection with Computer Controlled Ignition
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 51
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the pictures and response. Wonder if I can modify this to be a 66? I'll have to take a closer look.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: