TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

66 Front seat Adjusters - need pictures

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » 66 Front seat Adjusters - need pictures users admin

Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 49
Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 4:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I started this project about 10 years ago and my mind ain't what she use to be and I cannot for the life of me figure out how all the parts go back together. My adjusters were all froze up - non-moveable - so I dis-assembled them completely, removing the rollers and ball bearings and then cleaning out 40 years of rust and crap. Anyway I took those apart several years ago and I am now trying to put them together and of course that was one disassembly process I didn't get pictures of - or at least I cannot find any. If someone has a front seat out of the car with the mounts and adjusters still attached, could you take pictures of them so I can see if I can figure this out. The outside and inside tracks are different and I need to see which latch mechanism goes on which track piece.
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 288

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 6:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have 3 different books on Valiant and Barracuda and not one has a good picture of the seat track.
This is the best I could find for you.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Cbusheyjr
Post Number: 54
Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks Keith. Good picture. I had taken apart the slider portion to clean up rust and repaint. It took me a while but I finally got them back together and I'm pretty sure they're right. They slide back and forth anyway.

New question is the return spring. Where does it attach, and were there supposed to be one on each side? I only have one.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: