TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

'66 Barracuda Instrument Panel colors...

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » '66 Barracuda Instrument Panel colors users admin

Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 43
Monday, November 16, 2015 - 9:12 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Does anyone know what the actual color scheme of the 66 instrument panel is supposed to be? As can be seen from the attached photo, it appears that it was a silver grey maybe with the black strip around the outside. However, the back side of the pieces that didn't see the weather appear to almost be a chrome look. The outside edge which in the photo appears to be an off white I think is just that the paint has worn off as in some places it appears a very faint greyish color.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Chuck66 Cuda Instrument Panel
Paulieb
Post Number: 1
Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
If I recall correct the outer edge was chromed and the inner silver paint.1966 dash
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 44
Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
ooo... that's pretty, and the car is the same color as mine

So was the chrome real chrome or the painted chrome. If real chrome I guess I need to find who would do that.
Paulieb
Post Number: 2
Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It was chromed plastic much like the stuff used on model cars just a higher grade.
Here's one company that specializes in it..

http://www.chrometechusa.com/
Snate66
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 8:09 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
https://mrgusa.com/rechrome/#mopar

I had an old catalog from Mr G's that listed the 66

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: