TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

64/65/66 Barracuda RearSeat Latch Cover

The Early A-Body Forum » General Discussions » 64/65/66 Barracuda RearSeat Latch Cover users admin

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 17, 2015Clifcuda6520 2-17-15  7:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Keith_mopar
Post Number: 254

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 8:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the update.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 253

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 8:36 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Update... Chris I believe is ready to release the Latch Covers... I've asked him to post here so you all will get to know him... He's absolutely an Early A-Body Cuda guy (one of us)!!! However he does not grasp the idea of how to use a "Forum" and had a bad experience on forabodysonly by getting his 1st and only post deleted... I'm not sure what to do, so I'm letting my friends here know just in case I can coax him into joining this group... He IS a Good Guy... (Unlike me) Much more mellow... and Younger!!!
Clif of Az.
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 33
Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 8:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the update Chris. As an older guy myself, I struggle with all the new social media technology, but I enjoy this one and have figured out how to use it. Soon I hope to share some pics of my project - a 66 cuda

Chuck from TX
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 254

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Chris's Gold Cuda next to my White Cuda...
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34
Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow! Really Nice! I'm inspired to keep moving on mine. And I like the stripes - I put the 66 style on mine. The wheels you have on the white one, those are what I want for my Red 66. What is the name or style of those? I have to order rims because the ones that were on it are not at all correct.
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 255

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Chuck... I'm running (White Cuda) Mopar Rallye 15 X 7 wheels... Small bolt pattern 5 on 4 inch BC.
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 35
Monday, April 27, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Clif, you must have had to change up the speedometer gear to go to 15s. Those are kind of large aren't they for this car? Anyway, I've attached a couple pictures of my project - moving forward sloooooowly.
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 256

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes Chuck... Did have to change the pinion gear for the speedometer... But the awesome smooth ride made it worth it!!! Using P225/60R/15 rubber... Does not rub...
15 inch wheel...
front rallye
65silverfish
Post Number: 15

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
As long as you choose tires that are the same height as the ones on your 13" wheels you may be replacing you shouldn't have an issue upgrading from 13's to 15' or beyond.

For instance, I am running 315/35-R17's in the rear of my 65 and I'm still running the same speedo gear I ran with the 255/45-R17's (and the 245/50-R15's before that) prior to mini-tubbing my car.

And "too large" is a matter of perspective (literally and figuratively).

;^)
426 LA Stroker (Hughes), Alter-K-tion front end, Tremec TKO-600, hydraulic clutch, 8 3/4 w/3.55's, 245/45-17 and 315/30-17, 8-point roll bar and mini-tubbed. Previous best ET 11.82@119mph on 255/45-17 (pre-minitub) street tires
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 37
Monday, April 27, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the info. According to the spec sheet this car originally had 13" but when I picked it up it had 14" with rims not designed for this car they had put washers behind the wheel to make it sit flat. I'm almost ready to set the car back down on the ground, but need to think about wheels and tires.

Clif, I think that rallye wheel style would look good on mine. The centers of yours appear to be gray or white? Do they come in black? I think with the chrome and black with my red car with black stripe would look good. Especially after I get the trim pieces shined up and back on the wheel well openings.
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 257

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Chuck... My Formula "S" 65 Cuda came with 14 X 5.5 wheels from Factory... Not a big jump to 15 X 7...
As for the color... You can/could paint the centers... The one's on mine are Silver (grey)with chrome trim... and that is stock color...

At... 65silverfish, ""And "too large" is a matter of perspective (literally and figuratively)""... I agree...
5dinner
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 258

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You guys who want those Rear Seat Latch covers should GOOGLE "cudarepops" It's a Face Book page and you need not belong to FB.. You will find the info you seek there... Chris has not found time to make it here just yet, but said he would one of these days...

Just say you were sent by Clif from the EVBC.. Or, The Early A-Body Forum... I just want Chris & Mary to know!!!
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 40
Friday, May 01, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the feedback on the wheels guys. I am trying to keep this car the same as from the factory as much as possible since this car was complete - all parts still the originals except for the wheels. Although not really trying to make a show car per se, but I wanted to stay as true as possible. I am doing some things that were options available at the time for my own pleasure.

Chuck
Cbusheyjr
Advanced Member
Post Number: 46
Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
What is the current status of the latch covers and how can I get in touch with the guy who was making them?

I'm getting ready to have some more parts painted and I thought I would include those at the same time since he didn't have red ones.

Can someone send me a link to wherever he is at so that I can see about getting a set?
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 276

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Chuck

Using "GOOGLE" as the search engine (Not Bing or any other search engine) Must be Google!!! Then type in "cudarepops"...(hit enter search)and then look for the Face Book link for cudarepops and mouse click that... He's been selling them. You don't need to be a member of Face book for this to work.

Clif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: