TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

New to form.

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » New to form. users admin

Ptbill
Post Number: 1
Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 6:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Don't have a Cuda yet but looking at a 1965. I've had a 1964 273,1967 273S, 1968 383 and a 1971 340
Mojack
Post Number: 333

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 6:57 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome aboard, even if you haven't got it yet, tell us about it. Sounds like you have had some great cars.
Ptbill
Post Number: 3
Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 1:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm looking at a 1965 Barracuda. It was a slant 6 but has a 273 in it with automatic. It is between a no3 and no4 car. Have to do some research on what it is worth. He asking $10000 but he said he is willing to take offers.
Donc1965
Post Number: 520

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 4:11 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Without seeing the car, that price sounds high to me. Does it have all original rust free sheet metal? Original paint? A shiny paint job can hide allot of sins. Rust repair can be real expensive and time consuming to repair.
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Ptbill
Post Number: 4
Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I've been doing some checking and it seems that $8000 is more in line. It is pretty rust free and the under side is pretty good. The paint is fair.
64ragtop
Post Number: 458

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
"...between a #3 & #4 car" Is that on a five point scale, and on whose word.
Have you seen the car & run a magnet over it to look for painted over repairs?
$8k is definitely better, it sounds like you really want the car - try to be objective.
Here's some thought-provoking commentary I found on the 'net:

Value and worth of old cars:
If you drive it, it's worth its deductible.

If you collect it, it's worth whatever somebody else will pay you for it.

If it doesn't run, it's worth its weight in scrap.

If it means more to you than this, it has a value that cannot be measured in dollars.

FWIW, my cars run mostly to the last category!

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 190

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
PTbill, It sure sounds like your paying a awful lot for the car. I don't know what part of the country you are in but here in Oregon $8,000.00 would buy you one fine Barracuda. You say it is pretty rust free and the paint is fair And underside is pretty good. For the kind of money you stated I would expect it to be rust free period, the pain best be better than fair. I would expect it also to be a car with it's original engine or at least similar engine. From what I'm reading you should know your Barracuda's so if you have gone over the car with open mind and eyes and feel the car is a 8K car then go for it. Don't let my comments hurt your feeling I'm just giving you food to chew on before you drop your hard earned cash. Good Luck.
George
Ptbill
Post Number: 5
Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The 3 and 4 is on a 5 point scale and the price was from Collector Car Market Review. I know my emotions factor in to this also.The engine is a 273 from a 66 Barracuda. Never been to Oregon but might come out for the right car.
Ptbill
Post Number: 6
Monday, July 22, 2013 - 5:54 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The 3 and 4 is on a 5 point scale and the price was from Collector Car Market Review. I know my emotions factor in to this also.The engine is a 273 from a 66 Barracuda. Never been to Oregon but might come out for the right car.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: