TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

1965 Valiant Signet

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » 1965 Valiant Signet users admin

Signet65
Post Number: 1
Friday, November 23, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi everyone, first post/new member.

I became the owner of a 1965 Valiant Signet that has been in my family since it was bought off the lot at Miller Motors in Edmonton, Alberta in 1965. My grandfather passed away shortly thereafter but this remained as the only car my late grandmother drove until she passed away in 2003. The car has significant sentimental value as my mother learned to drive in it and for reasons above, but most importantly it was meticulously maintained and stored indoors when not being driven. I know what you're all thinking, Edmonton = snow = salt = rust. The car was repainted the original colour code about 20 years ago and given treatment to protect from rust; THERE'S NO RUST ON THE CAR!

I was gifted the car by my mother about 6 months ago and because it had been stored for 15 years I had some minor maintenance done (new hoses, brakes all around, flushed fluids etc). I had the car shipped from Alberta to Vancouver where I live and it just arrived on wednesday. Needs some minor TLC but the car looks amazing. I just took it in for inspection this morning to get it re-registered in British Columbia and it turns out it is likely the mechanic's grandfather used to work on the car as he was the chief mechanic at Miller Motors in the 60s and 70s. The mechanic described it as a museum piece and mentioned things like that he has rarely seen a valiant with a pristine original headliner like the one the car has.

I'm really excited to finally have it in Vancouver. See below for a few photos, it has yet to be cleaned inside or outside but you can get an idea of the condition.

I look forward to posting more pics when she's cleaned up and got collector plates on her.

image/x-citrix-pjpeg
1.JPG (44.2 k)
image/x-citrix-pjpeg
2.JPG (38.4 k)
image/x-citrix-pjpeg
3.JPG (44.9 k)
Signet65
Post Number: 2
Friday, November 23, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
pictures look terrible... weird shading and pixels going on. I'm on my work computer, more pics to come!
Donc1965
Post Number: 493

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice! That car would be called a Dodge Dart in the US. Mechanically the same a s a Plymouth Valiant.
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
65valiant
Post Number: 178

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome in, from just across the strait, in Victoria. Nice looking car. Definitely a Canadian-built car, with the US Dart dash.

Here's a link to a page about Canadian Valiants, if you're interested...

http://www.valiant.org/canada.html
Darwin/BC/Canada

'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
Slant 6 /factory A833....SOLD!

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904

Check 'em out...
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/65val/

64ragtop
Post Number: 390

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
What a great story! Glad you're keeping it in the family. Welcome to the forum, we'll be watching for more pictures - those you sent were just a tease!

ATB

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: