TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

My 65 Barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » My 65 Barracuda users admin

Dragonrider
Post Number: 1
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 5:30 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Here is a picture of my 1965 Barracuda, my father purchased it brand new in 1965 and has been in the family since. It's been all over the states and didn't get garaged until about 10 years ago.1965 Barracuda
64valiant
Post Number: 16
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 5:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Cool, orginal motor? How many miles are on it?

Lee
340, aluminum heads ported by Ryan J, six pack
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears, spoos and after market axles
Dragonrider
Post Number: 2
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 6:20 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes it still has the original motor and auto trans. The car has about 176,000 miles, the motor was rebuilt at around 120,000. I have added an aluminum intake and holley four barrel carb, but saved all the original equipment. The car had factory a/c as well. I removed it about 17 years ago because it didn't work. I intend on putting it back as I finish restoring the car.
64valiant
Post Number: 17
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 8:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's neet, got pictures of the dash? Was it under the dash A/C?

Lee
340, aluminum heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Dragonrider
Post Number: 3
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:51 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
No I don't have any pictures of the dash yet and it was an under dash a/c unit. The dash is in great condition because it is all metal. I have to get new air ducts because the plastic is disintegrating though.
Hemiguy
Post Number: 4
Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
that certainly is a pretty fish, nice to see a family looking after it!
If I wasn't meant to drive that fast the pedal would stop half way!
Tcandreas
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 8:41 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Woah.. thats pretty. I have a 65 barracuda.. its all primer tho. A slant 6. We got it off ebay bout 6 months ago from Illinois. so youd think itd be alot of rust damage. But actually its not that bad. Its a beautiful car. Its gunna silver the the red barracuda stripes on it. Im rebuilding the front end right now with my dad.
Tcandreas
Post Number: 2

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 8:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
oh and by the way... the guy said he hasn't started it in years.. but we started it up and it purrs like a kitten.. thats what i love bout slant 6's
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 100

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 3:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome to the site tcandreas. That's a great color combo you have picked.
lets see some pics as your building your ride.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Tcandreas
Post Number: 3

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 6:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Ok. were putting four piston calipers on the front and we boogered up the crossover tube. Should we bend our own or buy them??
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 102

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 7:31 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That I would buy, if you are talking the little short crossover tube that goes from one side of the caliper to the other it would be hard to bend this.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 103

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 7:38 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Is this the tube you are talking?
Keith Mopar
www.moparmagic.net
Mta65
Post Number: 6

Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 8:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah That's the one. I tried to loosen the flex line without putting a fitting wrench on the solid line. Made it into a candy cane. I'm sure Fine Lines or someone has them. What do you think?

Tcandreas is my son BTW. welcome him to the group.
65 Barricuda
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 104

Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 7:12 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I would recommend that you get another one from SSBC. I don't think anyone else would have one. It would be tuff to bend that baby yourself.
Welcome to the group Tcandreas.
Hey mta65, I noticed we have the same join date!!
Keith Mopar
www.moparmagic.net
Menko
Post Number: 74

Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 7:28 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You can buy those new from Year One (http://www.yearone.com/pco/A_0307/0264.asp) if you're talking Stock calipers. SSBC is also there, but I would assume you could get it from SSBC for less.
Thrashr
Post Number: 9

Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 8:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Tcandreas, Your project seems similar to mine, I'm rebuilding my Cuda with my Dad too. Check out mine in fun stuff under "cuda project"
Just got some paint on her!
Thrashr
Tcandreas
Post Number: 11

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 9:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sounds awesome man ill check it out! yeah this reply is definatly way past due but i just saw it. Since then weve put a 4 barrel on it with a whole new exhaust. 2 inch all the way with a glass pack at the end and man does it sound good. Sounds like a v8! At this point still looking to find someone to paint it. Any suggestions? Like all car guys im a little scared to go with someone like macco or anything like that because you hear so many horror storys. Thrashr keep it up man! Nothing better then these cars. Im bout to get a 2nd job just so i can the the Torque Thrust D's that i want for mine.
Muaddib15
Post Number: 71

Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 6:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
oh and by the way... the guy said he hasn't started it in years.. but we started it up and it purrs like a kitten.. thats what i love bout slant 6's

same with mine, new fuel filter, new gas started right up after 23 years of sitting my grandparents garage. btw, where did you manage to find spindles that would switch your spindles from 9 in manual to the 10 inch ones that SSBC requires for you to put it's disc brakes on these early a bodies. Or did it have the optional 10 inch ones so you didn't have to get new spindles.
66 Barracuda with vinyl top all stock except for wheels. for now...

to be added at a later date:
bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Retrosound model one radio
Ricer's pwned egos >:D

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: