TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

65 Barracuda 273 Commando

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » 65 Barracuda 273 Commando users admin

Hang10dartsport
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
} this is my 65 Barracuda that was special ordered by the original owner. This Barracuda has a unique history. The owner ordered his Barracuda in September of 1964 and took delivery in November of 64. He ordered the 273 Commando engine, 4-speed, Factory A/C, Power Steering, Power brakes, Sure Grip, radio,deluxe seat belts front and rear, remote mirror, bumper guards. I have the original purchase agreement order, original letters sent to Chrysler in 1965 and responses back, including the dated envelopes. This owner was very meticulous, and kept most everything, including Certicard, original owners manual with the Maintenence records documented, every single registration card, service records, and a little log book where he documented every gas fill up or service with mileage since new. I have owned 2 65 Formula S cars before, both with automatics. I also had a 66 Formula S 4-speed with factory A/C. Anyway, the car is not perfect, but kept mostly original. The motor has never been apart and runs like a top. I have many pictures. hope you enjoy. Jeff in so cal.
Donc1965
Post Number: 471

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sounds like your car was ordered before the Formula S package was available? Anyway, sounds like an interesting car. Welcome to the forum and I'd like to see pictures.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
64ragtop
Post Number: 341

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'd like to see some pictures as well. Particularly underhood shots. They sure stuffed a bunch of things into that small space!

ATB

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Fstfish66
Post Number: 559

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
sounds like a kool barracuda ide like to see some pics as well}
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Hang10dartsport
Post Number: 2
Friday, July 06, 2012 - 4:30 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
65 Barracuda

Mojack
Post Number: 262

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Your car looks like it's in very good condition, and has a well documented history!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 561

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 9:11 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
looks like a great car,,,,,on this side of the country 65,s are no where near as nice,,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Papstxx
Post Number: 90

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 11:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
looks like a fantastic car

Greetings
Uli

Who fights, can lose. Who does not fight, has already lost.

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/Logo/Banner_Haubentauchen.gif

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/
Gib_warnick
Post Number: 8
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You have what was called a Rallye Pack car- No formula S emblems, no tach- usually no sway bar and with 13" wheels- pretty much just a Commando engine in a regular Barracuda- probably more rare than F S I bought one from the original owner about 20 years ago- had a/c p/s and p/b- pased it on to be restored. It was just an old Plymouth drive to him. Interesting that many time the resonator didn't have bright work added to it- chrome/stainless. More of these popped up as NOS in the 80,s
Hang10dartsport
Post Number: 3
Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 11:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Actually, this car does have a factory original front sway bar, but it does not have the optional tach. According to the 1965 Plymouth facts book (the dealers used) it is called the Performance Group, 273 Commando, Ralleye Suspension and power brakes
application/pdforiginal purchase agreement
0514_001.pdf (195.3 k)
Hang10dartsport
Post Number: 4
Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
correction, i may be wrong, the book I was referring to was the small Blue Vinyl binder "1965 Plymouth Data" book, i think it is called, which had a section for each Plymouth model for that year, Valiant, Barracuda, Belvedere, Fury. I have one at home, hence my somewhat ill advised guess at the title. I believe i have seen it described as you say, Rallye Pack in another Barracuda Brochure..thanks for your input. I am still in contact with the Original Owner's son, and they just sent me the original keys for the Barracuda they had found. Very cool of them, I appreciate that very much. I just bought a complete NOS Exhaust system from Ed (thank you Ed) for future use. Has the resonator, muffler (still with original box)and the tail pipe sections (5 pc total i think)
Steves65
Post Number: 4

Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
great pics, nice ride!
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 237

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Jeff... A Very Nice Commando car!!!

Clif of Arizona
Fdfxdl
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Very nice car Jeff. What size Tires are you running?
Moparmodeller
Post Number: 1
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Can you post pics of the floor shift area? I'd like to build a Barracuda model with a floor shifter.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: