TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Disc brake conversion

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Disc brake conversion users admin

Charger1969
Post Number: 166

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 11:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
want to convert the front end from drum to disc. it is a v-8 so it has 10" drums. the cheapest kit i found is $699.99. i already put a dual master cylinder and prop valve in it. just need the rotors calipers and spindle. has anyone found a cheaper price?
64ragtop
Post Number: 340

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Have you checked out Scarebird?? Thier website http://www.scarebird.com/ says: Some companies offer expensive conversion kits, using custom rotors, calipers and pads available only through them. We offer affordable conversion brackets that require no special pieces; using low cost items available through local parts houses. Total cost usually runs approximately $300-450."

This is not an endorsement, but something I have been considering for my next Dart project.

ATB

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Charger1969
Post Number: 167

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
made a mistake on the price. cheapest is 749.99 on e-gag. with all the work this guy wants you to do. i think i am going with the gag person. no grinding, nothing. it's worth the couple hundred bucks not to fit stuff. bolt it up and i am done. plus what i found are drilled and slotted rotors. thnks, jeff
64ragtop
Post Number: 342

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah, Jeff, the reality check is always How much of the work am I willing (or able to do - versus what am I willing to pay for something that just bolts on. Hesitating on making that decision has put more than one of my projects on hold. I call it reaping the fruits of my procrastination....

All the best to ya, good luck on the project, and how 'bout posting some pictures!

BC
"I have gone faster, backwards upside down and on fire than most people have gone at all" Don Garlits
Charger1969
Post Number: 168

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
got the kit on the car, i'll have to post pics through facebook. tryed here but said i exceeded size, to downsize them. not sure how to do that.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 567

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 12:22 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
http://www.resize2mail.com/

save this link to your favorites browser,,, it will sesize your pics free, to any of the selected sizes available,, i use it im not computer geek,,,it will also put the resized pic back in the same file as the full size pic,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: