TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Barracuda Downunder

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Barracuda Downunder users admin

Ozcuda
Post Number: 0
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 1:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi Guy's n Gal's,
We purchased this 65 Barracuda off Ebay imported it last January and restored it in 9 months it still has a few little things to tidy up but we are enjoying every moment of driving it while we finish it off. Here are a few photos.
65cuda2
65 cuda 4
The first is from the paint shop just before it was painted, the 2nd is of the new trim and last is last weekend at the Elvis festival.
65 cuda
Admin
Administrator
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 7:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Very cool, I like those wheels. What are they? Are they small bolt pattern??
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Ozcuda
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 1:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks, The wheels are what we call Hustler's they came in 3 different colors originally you could get black,grey or gold allin a wrinkle finish. They are small bolt pattern. These ones have had the centres painted silver.
Admin
Administrator
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 1:34 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow..do you have more photos of these Hustlers? And where can I get a set? Are they part of the Aussie Valiant line?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Ozcuda
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 2:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sorry but they haven't been made for years. You could have a look here www.magsupamart.com.au or there is a company here that makes a similar wheel which is a chrome rim with an alloy centre the company is called Dragway they still make wheels with the small bolt pattern this is there web site www.dragway.com.au . Here are a few more photo's. first one is a close up of our wheel. The second is the same wheel with the black finish the car is a 1970 Australian Valiant Pacer it has a inline 6 cyl 245 HEMI 3 sp manual. The third the same model as the Pacer but it is really a Dodge Dart with Australian front sheet metal with the Hustler's in gold and last of all is a 1962 S series Valiant with a set of Dragways as you can see they are very similar to the Hustler's. wheel
wheel 2
wheel 3
wheel 4
Ozcuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 42
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 1:30 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi Guy's & Gal's thought I'd put up some photo's of our other Chrysler's. first is my daily driver it's a 1975 VJ Valiant ute it has a 265ci inline HEMI 6cyl motor a 4 speed it also has a 4bbl holley and a set of headers.
myute

The next is my 1939 Dodge hot rod project which aways seems to be getting put on the back burner while I do other projects. But I'm determined to get it on the road this year. It has a 360 / 727 combo a Valiant rear end.

39 2

And last of all is a 1964 Valiant station wagon I picked up last weekend. This is going to become my new daily driver. I am fitting it with a 273 V8 and 4 speed combo.

Ap wag
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 205
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 4:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Great looking cars man! So are the Hustler wheels just steel, with a painted center? Or are they chrome and those people just sanded them down and painted them because they were worn out?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Ozcuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 43
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 5:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil the Hustler's are all alloy the rim area is polished and the centers are ment to be be wrinkle finish in either black,grey or gold. The ones on our car have been painted silver. I was going to redo them in body colour but the silver looked to good to change.
64ragtop
Post Number: 17
Monday, February 06, 2006 - 7:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Those Hustlers look a lot like American Wheels Torque Thrust D's, which may _never_ have been available in small bolt pattern. I'd be afraid to ask what it would cost to import the Dragways or the other ones you mentioned to the US. I like the ones on your '39 - and the tilt front is WAY cool!
Ozcuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 48
Monday, February 06, 2006 - 7:36 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
G'day 64ragtop,
The Hustlers maybe the same wheel I don't know who made the. As for import in the wheels I think if you contacted the Dragway wheel company that they would be able to give you a cost for shipping. The wheels on the 39 should be available in the US as they are Centerline wheels. As for the tilt front once the motor was in and the front clip bolted back on trying to lean over the side to get to anything was a problem so I took the easy way out and tilted it. Makes life much easier to work in the engine bay now.
Ozcuda
Post Number: 62

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 6:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
So here is a update....I have been working on this wagooon on & off for the last 11 months & it is finally on the road. It is now my daily driver as the old ute had served it's purpose.

The wagooon is running a 40 thou over 273 with a mild cam Wieand duel plan 4 bbl manifold with a 600 Holley the trans is a 904 it has heavey duty clutches & bands with a stage 2 shift kit & a 2000 RPM stall, the rear is 3:23 to 1 LSD.

Here are some pics

wagooon 1

wagooon 2

wagooon 3
Ya gotta love ya MOPAR
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 563

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 10:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Very cool! What kinda paint is on that? Is has a matte finish. What's on the steering wheel, regular polyurethane paint?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
64valiant
Post Number: 120

Friday, January 05, 2007 - 5:32 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Those aren't stock qauges are they? Vary cool!

Lee
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
64fysh
Post Number: 1
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 6:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice, those are similar wheels that i'm going to put on my 64 barracuda... i'm putting americans on mine.
Papstxx
Advanced Member
Post Number: 49

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 11:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
very nice work man
Greetings
Uli

Who fights, can lose. Who does not fight, has already lost.

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/Logo/Banner_Haubentauchen.gif

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: