TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Thought I'd share since your site hel...

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Thought I'd share since your site helped me out so much... users admin

Candy_girl
Post Number: 0
Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 8:18 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
We referenced this site many times for info in building my car, here's the before, middle and after....
beginning
middle
finished

She has a mildly built 318 and is currently running 14's in the 1/4.
Admin
Administrator
Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 9:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's totally awesome! The EVBC Club is amazing, it helped me even before I bought my car..helped me decide to buy it!

The lavender is nice, but I really like that rat rod flat black look :-)
'65 Barracuda Formula S
64valiant
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 3:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Cool!

Lee
Candy_girl
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:24 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
[quote} The lavender is nice, but I really like that rat rod flat black look [/quote}

You too can have that look, only 12 cans of Krylon Flat Black!! I was racing a weekend that had show cars there, you couldn't enter your car unless it was all one color...
Admin
Administrator
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I did notice that all these photos appear to be taken at the same place. Are you sure you actually did up your car, or did you just photograph 3 different cars?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Candy_girl
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 1:42 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Oh no, busted!
Kidding aside, the first was taken in my driveway the morning after it had been dropped off.

The other two were taken at the local track (BIR) in our campsite during a race weekend. (I live about 20 miles from the track but it's WAY more fun to stay the weekend...)
64ragtop
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 4:38 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
HMMM! Camping out at the dragstrip...now there's a cool combination. Looks like a nice wooded campground, too. Where is it?
Candy_girl
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 4:58 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
BIR - Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd, MN,http://www.brainerdracewayandresort.com
It's one of the only tracks in the nation that has on-site camping. It's a combo track, 3.1 mile roadrace course with a mile long front straight, the front straight doubles as the drag strip. In the summer, besides drags, they run motorcycle roadraces (including AMA Superbike) and it's rented out by the BMW & Porsche clubs so that they can play with their cars. In the winter on the infield side they also run the XTreme style snowmobile supercross races.

From our campsite (we're always in the same spot) to the drag strip is about 150 yards. There's true "paddock" parking also where the big boys park their fancier rigs. Me? I drive to the track following Hubby in his pick-up towing our little, tiny camper. It's a blast!!!!! It's only rough on Saturday mornings when we've all stayed up 'til 2 or 3 in the morning!
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 4
Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Candy Girl! Can you tell me what size rubber you have on your Cuda. The other thing is, do you have the springs moved inward. The tire sizing looks great.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertable
www.moparmagic.net
Candy_girl
Post Number: 14
Friday, January 20, 2006 - 5:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
14 x 6 front, 15 x 7 on the rear. The springs on are on the original mounts, ordered from Springs N' Things, 2" lift over stock.

As you see them in the picture, I actually have a lower profile 23" on the back, 24" on the front, this is so I can hook up on the track without doing a burn out. On the front I can't go any larger but I do have 26" tires for the back that look GREAT!

(65 series on the front, 55 on the back) The stance of the car though is really from the springs, they really made the car.
'65 Barracuda "Nice Piece of Glass"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: