TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

New member from Thunder Bay Ontario, ...

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » New member from Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada users admin

Lilblue65
Post Number: 1
Monday, February 06, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey from Canada, I own a 65 Valiant Signet (Canadian car, like Dart GT). I have owned this car for 18 years. 74k orig. miles, never seen snow. It started life as a slant 6 car and is now about to get its 30 over 440/727 combo. lurked here for many years and just decided to join. Rob
Mojack
Post Number: 243

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome, super nice car you have there Rob. Feel free to go in depth about your build. A lot of people talk about a big block but never go there. Your's has a kinda Max Wedge theme going already!
Bc97423
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 22

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Very Nice Welcome TEABF
Cain & Sons Mopar's
Lilblue65
Post Number: 2
Monday, February 06, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well, how I got to this point is a bit interesting. I bought the car in 95, and drove it for three summers. I was going to do the Clifford build up and do the 6=8 thing but it just didn't seem right for some reason. Then I was going to go small block and that just never came to pass. Then sometime between 2000-2002 I found this 63 Valiant in MN for sale. 440/727, with custom under chassis headers. It was rough but I thought, buy it, gut it, transplant the powertrain into the 65. The under chassis header thing stuck in my mind for a while. Being like most of you I began to leaf through all the magazines that I had to find V8 swap stuff. After some research, I found the car was actually a test mule V8 swap car from an article in Mopar Action. Streetmaster mounts and a set of prototype headers. The picture jumped out at me and as I started to dismantle the 63 it became clear...I have those headers. 2 divorces and a move of houses has put the project to a snails pace but this year I have started to get things together. 30 over 440, 727, 8 3/4 with 430s, pie crust cheater slicks on steel wheels in back and t-thrust up front with vintage look front runners. Front disc conversion and period paint will bring it together like an old 60s drag car. The paint design is almost done and after the mechanics are complete, the car will be striped and lettered and ready to go. Total cash value in this project so far (including purchase price) is about 5k. Rob

Lilblue65
Post Number: 3
Monday, February 06, 2012 - 10:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The car was in really nice shape when I bought it. Very clean. I almost sold it a few times over the years and I'm glad I didn't. These pics are from 2006 and it still looks the same on the inside. Rob

Fstfish66
Post Number: 525

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:09 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
sweet,,,u still use a cable shifter 727 for a big block,,,?
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Jameybro
Advanced Member
Post Number: 49

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 4:36 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Really nice car ! I'm impressed.
Jamey
1965 Barracuda Formula S
2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L Cummins
Lilblue65
Post Number: 4
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thank you, I'm about to order a cable conversion kit from Imperial Services so I can use my stock shifter with the 727. Rob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: