TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Hi From Utah

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Hi From Utah users admin

440gordy
Post Number: 1

Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:35 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm in Syracuse Utah and have been a Mopar nut for a long time. Really hadn't been a big fan on the A bodies in the past, but that has recently changed.

Just bought a 66 2 door Valiant. The reason for the purchase is to make bracket racer for my 17 year old daughter. She had been racing my 08 Magnum SRT8, but I wanted something else for her to race. Hope to make it a drag racer, but still want it to be able to be driven on the street, maybe even start taking it to some car shows along with the Mag when it's done. My daughter is also a gear head and is excited to be helping me with it. We're both members of the Mopar's of Utah.

Our goal is to drop in a 360ci punched out to a 408ci, shooting for about 450hp. We are excited about the project. Found this site and am hoping that it will be a great resource as we have some restoration to do on the car. It's in pretty good shape however.
Terryr
Post Number: 77

Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 12:34 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
sounds like a great project,have fun doing it ,and welcome ,
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 128

Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 7:02 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
welcome. It is great to hear that you and your daughter are working together on the car and enjoy them together. Nothing brings a family together like a mutal project. I believe that you will find most if not all the answers to your question. Good Luck with the Valiant.
440gordy
Post Number: 2

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 10:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for the welcome guys! Once I finish a current project, my daughter is itching to get started.

I do have a question that you guys might be able to answer for me. I'm not sure what to do with the original slant 6 when I pull it out of the car. Not sure if I should keep it (don't really have the room to store it however), donate it to the local high school, or try and sell it (don't know if it's worth anything).

Any input?
Charger1969
Post Number: 101

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 10:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
welcome to the site gordy. you will find lots of informational people here. i have seen articles of people building them and running around the 10s in a quarter mile. if anyone else has seen these articles, please advise. i saw them years ago. jeff
Papstxx
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 24

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 11:37 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Good Luck with the Valiant.
completed

Who fights, can lose. Who does not fight, has already lost.

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/Logo/Banner_Haubentauchen.gif

http://www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: