TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

New To Forum!

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » New To Forum! users admin

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 24, 2010Jicjac20 1-24-10  2:22 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

65valiant
Post Number: 141

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 4:26 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Jicjac...I don't want to rain on your parade (just being practical),but,dont get to anxious about restoring it. Unless you love 4 doors', so don't sink too much money into it. As a 4 door,they aren't worth much, even with a restoration. You'd probably make more money out of it if you parted it out.

Let the flaming begin.....!

Just my opinion....
Darwin/BC/Canada

'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
Slant 6 /factory A833

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904

Check 'em out...
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/65val/

Jicjac
Post Number: 11

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 5:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey 65.... I'm hip. I understand. I don't plan on sinking a lot of bread into the Valiant. Yes, I am enthusiastic about it at the moment, but I'm grounded. The 65 /6 is a learner. I'm a decent wrench, but need to know more about the basics (mechanical, electrical, body, upholstery, etc.). And this project seems like a good place to start. In reality, I like the big guns. You know big blocks, sweet rides, etc. I figure starting small and easy might keep me interested long enough to move up. Oh, but 4DOORs are where it's at (IMHO). I remember riding in my hoodlum buddie's black 1971 Dodge Polara 4 Door. The concept was that if we all (usually 4-6 trouble makers) needed to evacuate (such as for a rumble) the vehicle quickly, 4 doors was the bomb. Hell, I'll take a ballsy big block wagon. I'm looking at one now (http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/1551857442.html). No offense brother, no flames. I appreciate the feedback.

I ride a hawg. It's a 1976 FLH Electra Glide, bored and stroked (90+ Cubic Inch) with S&S parts - including an S&S Super E carb. I got away from riding for about a decade, so when I got back in, I started with a 250cc (Yamaha Virago), moved up to a 550cc, 650cc then a 1000cc Sportster and now my current sled. I'm only telling you this to demonstrate there's a method to my madness. Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have that 64 Wildcat in my driveway needed restoration.

Again, thanks for the comments - keep em coming. No flames, just friendship.

Below is the Wildcat as it sat in my driveway before the restoration started....

JicJac
Krazymofugger
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 25

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 5:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have a 65 four door v200 that I drive everyday.My wife likes to drive the car as often as she can.I like my four door because it is a good daily driver and has a cool old car look.I have in the past even parted out some four doors but not to fix two doors only.If the car is too rotted to fix part it out , if not enjoy driving it and your friends will thank you for the leg room.
Charger1969
Post Number: 56

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 9:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
my chrome is also peeling badly. your car is definitely a 65. awesome wildcat, like 65valiant said, the 4 door ain't worth much. the wildcat is worth a lot more than the valiant.
65s
Post Number: 10
Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:08 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The photos of the Wildcat look great, although it appears the next owner didn't treat her well. It's going to look good when finished. Maybe the four door isn't worth a lot but the '65s are a cool car!
However if you decide to part it, I'd be interested in the tail-light assemblies. Getting her going would be better though!
63valiant
Advanced Member
Post Number: 31

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 6:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well I like it and I don't understand knocking four door cars. Some of us prefer them, as it's kind of a pain in the arse getting stuff and people into and out of a two door. And if I was into the automotive hobby for money I wouldn't be driving a Valiant.
Jicjac
Post Number: 12

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 8:31 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Update on the Wildcat. My son just came over. The car has not been cranked for several years. I turned over the engine by grabbing the fan blades. The water pump and crank turned easily. We are going to fire it up in a few days.

Terryr
Post Number: 54

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 9:27 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
here my old sattelite great car and very original ,till i got it ,had a \6 as standard ,i soon had that out and put a 383 with a 4 speed used to lay rubber into top gear ,blew it up in the end and sold it as a roller,its now a 12 second racerwoops
Jicjac
Post Number: 13

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 10:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
OUCH!

I blew up the engine on my Harley FLH (see image at left) while passing a semi up hill at about 80mph with a woman in a SUV tail-gating me. Yikes! The connecting rod pulled the wrist pin away from the piston head and continued to beat the piston head into a fist sized ball. Fun, fun.

JJ
Brion
Post Number: 111

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 5:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I hope that ole' Buick nail head don't get grenaded that way! Is that a 401?

As for 4 doors, I just couldn't bear to sell grammas 66 v8 v200 which she bought new.. I have never cared when or if I sell it and have really enjoyed the upgrading, making the car what I wanted;not having to care about stock set up for resale. Don't say "why" - say " why not". It's a Valiant after all.
Jicjac
Post Number: 16

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 5:14 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Brion: This is the 2nd engine for the Wildcat. The original was a 455. I had dropped the car off to have the brakes done and the shop blew the engine (maybe joy riding). They said it was blown and froze when I drove it in (yeah, right), but I could not prove they ruined it. I replace it with the engine in the photo. I believe it is a 401 from a Skylark.

Back in the day, us local hoods rode around in a black four door 74 Plymouth Satellite with a 318 (as I recall). We looked like G-Men. Well, no we didn't, we looked like hoodlums rolling in a G-Man cage. We caused a lot of trouble, scratch that... I should say we had a lot of fun crusin' in that ride. I got no problem with a 4 door cage.
Brion
Post Number: 112

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 7:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
my buddy had a '65 electra 2 door that was known around town. Lots of races against other whale bodies. The 445 (401 cu. in.) wildcat ran pretty good.
Jicjac
Post Number: 17

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 7:37 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Ah, I did a little basic research on the 401 / 445. The engine is a 401 cubic inch with the 4bbl and producing 445 lbs of torque. And since the engine came out of a Skylark or Electra (I can't remember which), and has the 4 bbl it's most likely the 445. One of the numbers on the engine (intake) is 1374603.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: