TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Barracuda greetings from Finland!

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Barracuda greetings from Finland! users admin

Teammotoup
Post Number: 1
Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 1:06 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi to you All,

Greetings from north of Europe, to be specific Finland.
I own an rare Barracuda Formula S –66 rally car. Our family company was importer of Chrysler cars in Finland the years 1955-1976. This Barracuda was first my fathers privat car untill Finish rally drivers Bo Gunnar Granroth and Esko Keinänen needed a Formula S for the Monte Carlo Rally in –67. This Formula S model was the only one in Finland at that time. So my father gave his privat car to these rally drivers. After the Monte Carlo and a couple of Finnish national rallys later the car was reconstucted back for normal trafic.
The Barracuda was fully restored back to rally in 2000-2001 and was back at Mone Carlo Historic Rally 2002-03 and –04. At the moment the last rally this car took part in was the European Historic Championchip rally in Lahti / Finland 2008. In time of that rally i bought the car. When the driver got the information that the car was sold, he got a bit nervous and at the last special stage he drove out. Damage was not big, only front bumber and fender were damaged. Now the car is again in top condition and ready for new challanges. At the moment we are waiting for the winter and ice so we can have more fun with this Barracuda.
After 42 years and 19 owners the car is back at home. I am very exited to have had this opportunity to buy back my Fathers old car, a car with a fantastic history.

Best regards,
Juha Berner
barracudabarracudabarracudabarracudabarracudabarracudabarracudabarracuda
Dalerich
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 28

Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 1:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Way Cool! So very glad you shared this story! Welcome to the group.
Lilredriding
Advanced Member
Post Number: 40

Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 1:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
welcome ! way cool to see a hot fish like yours
-pls share some more details with us (engine - horsepower - suspension etc)
burn baby burn....
Mojack
Post Number: 155
Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 5:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
WOW, we've got to see some video of it in the races ! If you get some footage post it up. Great car !
Charger1969
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34

Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:55 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
keep us up to date on your awesome ride!
65s
Post Number: 4
Monday, December 07, 2009 - 2:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
What a great history! What a great looking car! Obviously a lot of effort has gone into making this car look right.
Teammotoup
Post Number: 2
Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Still couple pictures of the engine and action from European Historic Rally in Lahti 2008.The engine is 273 (278) commando and gives 350 horsepower / 6500 rpm. Torque 448 nm / 4200 rpm. 4-speed transmission A-833. Rear 8,75" ratio 3,55:1. Brakes, front Kelsey- Hayes discs, rear 10" drum.Fast steering not power.Front Suspension adjustable HAL shoc, torsion bar 0,92", sway bar 24mm made in Finland. Rear Finnish made Koni.I will send more action pictures and maybe videos when we get on ice track ( January,February)

BGG-1
BGG-1
BGG-1
BGG-1
Lilredriding
Advanced Member
Post Number: 42

Monday, December 07, 2009 - 1:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
a 273 with 350 horses ... you see me speechless... what´s inside this engine ?
burn baby burn....
Teammotoup
Post Number: 3

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:53 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nothing very special in the engine. Ofcourse pistons, camchafth, valves are diferent, but building this engine has take meny hours and lot of work. Exsample cylinder heads modification has take time. Actually i dont know all detalies what there is inside, but i know the guy ho have build this engine and he have lot of experiense. The car has a historic FIA pass and it is GT II category, so it is not aloud to put very extreme parts inside.
Seabee
Post Number: 2
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 2:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
These pics are so cool. Thanks!
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 194

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 4:34 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Boy another great looking 66,

Welcome to the site Juha!
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Teammotoup
Post Number: 4

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thank you for likeing the car. It is great to see that you have meny nice Barracudas and Valiants ower there. Here in Finland they start to be extincted, but i try to keep them alive... I have stardet an new project, another -66 Barracuda of course it will be an race car.
Jkirk
Post Number: 6

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 5:24 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome to the site. Thanks for the great pictures and history. Ice racing sounds like fun.
Earlycuda
Post Number: 10

Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 7:50 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Juha! This is an amazing Fish you have!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: