TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

My New 64 Barracuda

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » My New 64 Barracuda users admin

Vic1964
Post Number: 1
Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 6:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I am just getting back in to the classic car hobby after being away for too many years to count. A few months ago, I picked up a nice '64 Barracuda off eBay. It was my first time buying a big ticket item like a car off the site and it was a little more than scary. Everything worked out fine and the car is actually in pretty good shape. Looks like someone started a restoration but never finished. It looks good in pictures because it has a fairly new so-so paint job. Close up it is a little rougher. Lots and lots of things still to be done. I've been occasionally posting to the e-mail list and lurking around the forums. I thought it was time to post a picture.
Vic1964
Post Number: 2
Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 6:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
OK. Let's try the picture again.

1964 Barracuda
Fstfish66
Post Number: 421

Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 8:12 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
VIC,, nice 64 was my first car, sorta wish i still had it V-8 push button,,cant se if yours is a v 8 or not ? where from ? nice find,good luck with it
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Donc1965
Post Number: 429

Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 5:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's a nice looking 'cuda Vic. Congratulations on your new purchase. A friend of mine had a first car just like that. It was a red 1964 with 273ci V8 and a four speed.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Vic1964
Post Number: 3
Friday, November 13, 2009 - 6:12 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The car has a slant six with the pushbutton auto. My son already wants to drop a 340 in it. I am leaning towards staying with the /6. The engine is a little tired and probably could use a rebuild to freshen it up. Lot of other items on the to-do list first though.
63valiant
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 22

Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 9:24 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice car Vic, congrats! I vote for keeping the slant six, but I'm biased.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: