TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

New Member - 65 Formula S

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » New Member - 65 Formula S users admin

Jameybro
Post Number: 1

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 5:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hello all, I've been reading the posts for a year now and finally joined. I bartered some of my work for the car in Jan 08 and have really enjoyed working on it since with my son Alex - hence the license plate btw...
A huge thank you to all who run and post on this website. It's great!! I've learned so much from you guys about my cuda. My son Alex - he actually thinks I'm gonna let him drive this to school daily :-)
Donc1965
Post Number: 417

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 6:09 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome Jamey. That's a great looking Barracuda. Is it original or modified?

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 84

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 6:14 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Congradulation very nice fish. It is great seeing a father & son enjoying a project together. My son and I built his first car it is a 71 Dodge Charger. He bought it at 15 and now he is 34 & still has it. So keep up the great work and enjoy your fish. Hope you still have it when your get to dad's age. George
Charger1969
Post Number: 11

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 9:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the car looks awesome, enjoy it. jeff
Jameybro
Post Number: 2

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 4:21 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
thanks for the kind words. The car was done when I got it but it's not a great restoration. In fact, I would say it wasn't really a restoration at all but a paint job and some interior work. As far as I can tell, it's original and hasn't been cut, molested, etc. I've found small parts and trim pieces here and there but still have more to find. Having trouble finding rear wheel trims. It also needs rocker molding clips, seat belts, and I would love to find a used mirror for the passenger side door. Also, has anyone ever seen or know what the shift pattern indicator looks like that bolts to the floor in front of the shifter?
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 85

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 5:53 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Jamey You might try finding rocker trim molding clips for another car especially if they are the plastic kind with the button in the middle that locks the clip to the car body. Several different cars used them. try a classic ford or chevy parts catalog. The early Mustangs and falcon ran a small round mirror like the Barracuda's had it just won't have the penstar on it. I would check the catalogs for those also. They would be cheaper than trying to buy a original Mopar mirror, unless you are trying to stay Mopar pure. mine is a auto so can't take a pic of the shift pattern for you sorry. Well good luck and enjoy your very nice car. George
Lilredriding
Advanced Member
Post Number: 36

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 8:13 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
welcome on board - that fish looks great
burn baby burn....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: