TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Hello from Germany

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Hello from Germany users admin

Lilredriding
Post Number: 1

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:26 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi there,

just want to say HELLO to all those a-body-maniacs outthere.

maybe someone will know me from the FABO-board (there you will find me under Lilredridinghoo), someone would wonder why i┤m here...

to keep long stories short...

i┤m a proud owner of a 1965 B┤cuda and a 1970 Valiant
the first pic shows how i purchased the fish in the Netherlands, the second one how it looks after giving him some TLC

Barracuda before

Barracuda today

Barracuda today2

and last but not least..

Valiant Daily Driver
burn baby burn....
Dalerich
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:35 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Gr├╝├č Gott,
Nice rides.
Where in Germany are you? I was just in Munich, I would love to move there and bring my 65 cuda with me.
-Dale
Lilredriding
Post Number: 2

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:49 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
hello Dale,

i live not so far away from Munich about 120km approx. 60 miles - a small town called N÷rdlingen (don┤t try to spell if your not grown up in Germany ;o) )
burn baby burn....
Donc1965
Post Number: 390

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 3:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome to the forum. I remember your car from FABO. It's a great looking Barracuda. What engine do you have?

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 199

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 3:29 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Good looking B'Cuda and also the Valiant!

clif of Arizona
Daprez
Post Number: 37

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 4:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice Cars! Welcome to the forums.
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Times Car Was At Carlisle: 1 (2008, Finally!)
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 51

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 5:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome very nice cars thanks for shring the pic's with all of us. Enjoy your rides.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1251

Monday, March 02, 2009 - 6:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wicked!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Terryr
Post Number: 5

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 8:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
very nice
Lilredriding
Post Number: 4

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 9:31 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
thanx for the warm welcome..

the fish is running on a 273 with an offenhauser intake and a 4bbl 525cfm demon junior on it.
i don┤t really know what┤s inside, cause i did not opened the engine yet. but i guess it┤s a low comp with nearly stock parts. But i have to say i was really surprised how she runs.

here┤s a pic of the engine bay just after assembling the car after resto (quite not perfect at this time but good enough to do a test how she runs)and please forgive me all the sprinkles all over the surface (it happend while me and my wife were doing silly things with a watergun)

the valiant runs a 318 with an 4bbl 500cfm edelbrock carb and a orig. mopar dualplane out of 340cui chally

maybe later i will put some pics conc. the resto to show what we have done ... just a little teaser here:
burn baby burn....
Daprez
Post Number: 41

Friday, March 06, 2009 - 3:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
WOW! That's a "ground up" restoration!
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Times Car Was At Carlisle: 1 (2008, Finally!)
Fstfish66
Post Number: 271

Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
yes i remember you from FABO,,kool to see an early A in germany,,mostly german my self,,but have never visited there,,how can you not like a 64/65 b cuda in black,,very nice car,,im hoping the teaser pic is from the past,the pic of the car in black looks to good to be before,,,where did you get sheet metal to do the repairs ??
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Lilredriding
Post Number: 8

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
mostly german ?? - so i think its really time for a visit, or ?

sheet metal, you┤re joking ;).... no way to get anything,,,most parts have to be copied by ourselves (here i have to say a very special thank you to my friend Gustav Widegren he┤s a swedish hotrodder (member of the famous a-bombers) and "good luck for me he moved to Germany to run a hotrod-engineering shop" it is amazing what he can do with metal.
The German mopar scene mostly contains the well known cars like the mid 70ies b,c and e-bodies, earlies are very rare espc. a-bodies you can count them on 4 hands i guess (aprox. 17 to 20 cars - and only 3 earlycudas known, mine included)
burn baby burn....
Fstfish66
Post Number: 279

Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:13 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
cant believe he made your quarters,,he would be a rich man here in the states,,,

yes mostly german,,,with a last name of
ziegenthaler,,,you tell me,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Cudafish
Post Number: 68

Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 9:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Now that's a different way to remove a quarter, but effective. I can tell this guy knows what hes doing. I put a patch in once in a similar fashion. Did he actually make the quarters or repair the originals?
Lilredriding
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 5:33 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
the driver side was completely rebuild and the passenger side was repaired.

btw. here is the link to the mate, who does the metal works www.widegrensspeedshop.de

it┤s a swedish guy who moved to Germany (maybe someone knows the A-bombers CarClub from Udevalla - he is one of their members) he makes awesome cars, also building up the frame from pure steelrails.
burn baby burn....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: