TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Hey all

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Hey all users admin

Muaddib15
Post Number: 4

Friday, January 16, 2009 - 9:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
First physpy64, sorry about hijacking your thread. I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread without being a mod. Thanks Keith mopar

Anyway, I have a 1966 barracuda with a vinyl top and a slant six. I don't have any pictures that are current within the last couple weeks so I'll post that in a couple days.

Anyway, I got this car from my grandfather last Thanksgiving. My dad was somewhat reluctant to get it because it is a Chrysler product, and my dad is kinda a GM guy. Mostly build quality is what he had problems with. But I was receptive to the idea because my grandfather said he would give it to me free as long as I didn't sell it and that it only needed a little work to drive around. Okay, a lot of work since it had been sitting for almost 20 years. Anyway we towed it home behind our motorhome coming back from Alabama and my dad and my brother cleaned it up and fired it up while I was at an after school thing. :-( Unfortunetly I wasn't there to see it happen.

Since then, My dad and I have replaced the front seats, rear bench seat covers and the carpet. That and a new headliner is what we have done to the car since we've had it on the inside. We also replaced the rear axle seals, brake lines (all of them) and changed the spark plug wires. Despite sitting for as long as it did, the only problem my dad had when he started it up was the leaky fuel filter, he fixed it quickly and got it running with 22 year old gas lol.

We took it to the bodyshop 2 weeks ago since the guy who painted our 50 caddy wanted to get going on it. The caddy is being brought home tommorrow, my time, and with it the doors and trunk, which I will do the body work on to reduce the cost of painting. I think the major cost is my aunt's accident with the right front quarter panel. I'll take a picture of it later. We actually trusted the \6 to get us the 3 miles to the body shop on old gas, no heat, and a radiator with a hole in it and no coolant. :D It smelled awful when we started going and was a total pig before we filled it up with premium to help clean it out. After that, when getting on the main road, my dad stepped on it and it belched blue smoke like a b***h. It cleared up once we were about half a mile away from the body shop. Everyone there thought it was quite cool, and it's sitting there now waiting for its turn to get the exterior finished.
66 Barracuda with vinyl top all stock except for wheels. for now...

to be added at a later date:
bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Retrosound model one radio
Ricer's pwned egos >:D
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 177

Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 7:12 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Muaddib15, I sure wish you well on your 66 Barracuda and hope it works out for you and brings your Dad to think maybe this "Old Mopar" is not that bad after all.

I don't see many with the "vinyl top" option so I hope you keep it. I see you are hoping to drop in a 360... That will be nice and is a pretty easy swap. You will use the same K-Member and tranny mount but will need a V-8 center steering link. Some /6 66 cudas already have them per some of our members.

Anyway, when you get down to the details.... there will be plenty of members ready to help. You will find we are a friendly group. Again, Welcome to this Forum.
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 161

Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 7:56 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Some of the things you will need are.
Drop link like Cliff has mentioned, V8 mounts possibly from Schumaker, bigger rad, small block trans. the 7 1/4 rear will hang in there if you take it easy, possibly bigger brakes on the front, should have 9 inch drums with the /6. Right angle oil filter adaptor, and exhaust manifolds, throttle cable setup and a kickdown setup if your going auto.
If you can't find a center drop link you could shim the motor up a bit to clear, as it just rubs.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 8:28 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Long over due update: I didn't end up doing the doors or trunk, those were done by Bill. The right front, Aunt wasn't paying attention, bender was fixed, and the whole car didn't need much body wise.
I bought the 360 from the guy, we cleaned it up and put some 99 Durango manifolds on it. It's came with an Offenhauser 360 manifold on it and the Moroso chrome covers. They look awesome :D

any way I could post pics bigger than 800x800?

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 24

Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 5:21 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Pictures
right side
donehood
interior front
interior back

I have more pictures on my phone, but I can't upload them. It looks great that new color though (underhood color)
Yes, those are Durango manifolds on my 360.

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Fstfish66
Post Number: 324

Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 9:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
will be intresting to see if those manifolds clear the steering
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 25

Friday, April 10, 2009 - 2:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well, they should according to someone on here. I checked that part of the website a few times just to make sure.

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 26

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 7:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nother update: It seems that we can't get a hold of the guy who has a four speed and bellhousing. So I'm thinking that within a month, if I don't get it I'm going to leave the auto that you see in the engine pictures on and shove the whole thing in the car. Is there anything special I need to do if I do this? I have Shumacher engine mounts on the engine and a remote oil filter thing somewhere around the garage. The transmission type is unknown, but I think it is a 904.

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Fstfish66
Post Number: 345

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 5:50 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
those exhaust manifods lok like magnum truck manifolds,, i have a set and wondered if they will fir the early A,, if they do,,that would be a great find,,they are plenty ful and cheaper then headers,, you wil need the iol fitler adapter,and do you have the correct motor mounts ? or using a swap kit from schumaker??
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2008 chrysler pacifica
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 28
Friday, May 22, 2009 - 4:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I have the Shumacher swap kit.

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 29
Friday, May 22, 2009 - 5:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hello,
We're putting a 360 with an automatic trans. into our 66 cuda. Out comes the 225 6 w manual 3 speed. got the schumacker motor mount kit for the 360. What am I going to need to get to make the automatic trans fit. do I need a differant crossmember for trans, Is the drive shaft going to need to be worked on.Is the yoke need to be differant than the manual trans yoke? I'm going to put a floor shift in Anybody got a factory floor shift for a 66 cuda? Thanks Dave

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 30
Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 3:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
All teh pix.

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/MaudDib15/Barracuda/

bigger, wider wheels
360 sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Advanced Member
Post Number: 36

Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 8:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You guys weren't kidding when you said there wouldn't be much room. I can even find words to describe how STUFFED the motor is in the compartment. We shimmed the driver's side up 3/8 of an inch to keep the exhaust manifold from rubbing on the steering. The center link on the bottom works just fine for now. I don't know about the oil filter yet. I know if I could unscrew it, I could get it off, but I'm not sure about it with the full exhaust on there. When I can find the phone I used to take the pictures, I'll show you. Once the door panels are back in, and the engine compartment put back together, and the driveshaft, I will be able to drive it around.

bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Advanced Member
Post Number: 38

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 5:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
WOOT!!! THE ENGINE RUNS!!! Now onto the Karls Car show 2 blocks down next week Saturday. That's about as far as we are willing to drive it as the exhaust stops right above the starter. :D very loud. I also have a B&M Hammershifter on order. It should get here tomorrow.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-80885/
After that, the door panels need to be put in and the exhaust done.

bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Muaddib15
Advanced Member
Post Number: 43

Friday, August 28, 2009 - 10:18 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
heh heh, I love this car. If I can get a camera, I'll post a vid of it soon with the full exhaust on it.

bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
64valiant
Post Number: 265

Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 6:03 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Cool project.
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Muaddib15
Post Number: 66

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 12:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1jChINdo8

here's a vid I took this morning.

bigger, wider wheels
sixpack
833 or Richmond 6 speed
Mojack
Post Number: 187

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 4:22 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It sounds like a healthy idle, and the 40's aren't as loud as I would have thought. Some time maybe you could do a drive by, under power, to see what it sounds like going down the road.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: