TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

New Member here(1965 Barracuda)

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » New Member here(1965 Barracuda) users admin

65cudax3
Post Number: 1

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 6:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi guys my names David Rodgers, i have just recently bought a 65 cuda and i fell in love with the car. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you guys a little about myself. Thank you for your time and thank you guys for actually having a site i can come to and get help with my cuda.
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 169

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 6:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Welcome to the Group!
Tell us more about yourself and the 65 cuda... Picture looks sweet...

clif of Arizona
65cudax3
Post Number: 4

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 6:52 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Here is some more pics of the cuda.

65cudax3
Post Number: 5

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 6:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well i work at a chevys restaurant, im finishing up high school in my senior year, and after high school im going to college to become an underwater welder. Im sure ill just start off with the basics of welding of course. Well the cuda i bought from the original owner, It has 70,XXX original miles and for how old it is, is an immaculate shape.The interior is in fairly good condition other than a few small rips and tears. The rear valance is rotted through with rust but i plan to buy a new valance, The car is all bone stock from the trunk carpeting, to the exterior body work done on the car. Im very happy i bought this car and my plans are to rebuild the engine(i m keeping the stock 273 v-8, and keeping it automatic) and my dad are doing paint and custom decals on the car(we own our own airbrush business)and thats pretty much all i can think of haha
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1235

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 5:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sounds great! The car is right colour to start with (black). But then, I'm biased.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
65cudax3
Post Number: 6

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 10:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
thanks well i think the car looks good in black or white i dont really like any other colors than that
Go4toyz
Post Number: 12

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I just like 65 Barracuda's no matter what color. Mine is a plum color.
Welcome to the sight.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 225

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
love those 64/65 in black,,ide of bought that car if ide of seen it,, very nice,,glad your not driving a import,,,where are you located,,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
65cudax3
Post Number: 7

Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 1:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
im located in suisun CA and i used to drive an import but now i went with the right kind of car im sticking to american cars from now on
64_barracuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34

Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 3:07 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
David,

Welcome to the site. Its glad to hear that young guys are still getting into the old A's. I had the same story about 22 years ago when I was in high school and picked up my 64 with 65,000 on her. My only advice would be to learn patience and pick up a beater car to drive every day, growing up in south florida I drove mine every day for a few years after a while all the hard work of making them cherry seems to whither it away some.

Good luck and welcome, if you need anything don't hesitate.

Rick
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RicksMopar
Car day one
car day one pic 2
Rick
Rick.Mopar@gmail.com
757-450-4907
"Chevy's and Ford's are like Belly Buttons.... Everyone has One"
1964 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Dodge Adventurer
http://www.tidewatermoparclub.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2511648

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: