TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

My cars

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » My cars users admin

Troy
Post Number: 14
Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 1:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Heres a few photos of my Javelin and my Cuda. I just hope the Cuda turns out as nice as my Javelin did. I have a lot of body work ahead of me!!71 AMC Javelin66 Cuda project
Drmindburger
Post Number: 121

Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 2:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
What engine ya got in the Javelin?
What's goin' in the Cuda?
dr.mindburger
1966 Barracuda \6 w/'68 Val motor,
1965 Dodge Dart \6 (Dr. Mindburger's Poison Dart)
2,005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring edition
w/stow and gos for record shows!
Cd AND cassette (of course).
Troy
Post Number: 15
Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 2:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My Javelin blew the original 304 on a road trip from Dodge City Kansas to Peoria Illinios. I put oil in it every 60 miles for about 1000 miles to get home. I pulled that 304 and other than the blown rear main seal it was rebuildable. It earned the right, so we bored it 30 over, put in a paw cam, aluminum pistons, 360 manifold, Edelbrock 4BBL carb, headman headers, and a flex fan. I just dropped it back in with the help of some Border patrol agents I just met a few days prior. They just came over and helped because they were car guys!
I'm getting reassigned for a bit so the Cuda has to sit for 5 months. The plan is that a pal has a rolled Dodge Dakota truck he is going to save for me. I'm hoping to pull the motor, trans, rear end, and interior and put it all in the Cuda. The cuda is kida a mess, the previous owner started body work, stopped, and let it sit outside. I have to sand blast the whole car before I can do the body work correctly. Since it is just the body, I wont piss off any purists by rodding it instead of going back to original.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1175

Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 3:23 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sounds cool. Lots of work but cool.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Drmindburger
Post Number: 122

Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 4:46 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yeah, did the motor blow up last year. Dropped another 225 \6 in just for transport. Had to drive her all winter in Chicago area. Bondo cracking, rust worse than before, lots of work ahead. Should have new winter mobile this year so I can get some work don on it. The Javelin sounds pretty fast.
dr.mindburger
1966 Barracuda \6 w/'68 Val motor,
1965 Dodge Dart \6 (Dr. Mindburger's Poison Dart)
2,005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring edition
w/stow and gos for record shows!
Cd AND cassette (of course).
Fstfish66
Post Number: 172

Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
i once upon a time lived in chicago,, my daily driver was a 66 273 cuda,i took it off the road in 1986 the rear frame was seperating from the floor,, chicago weather is not friendly to any auto for long term,
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Troy
Post Number: 16
Monday, September 01, 2008 - 8:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm from Peoria Illinois. We moved out of there when i was a kid. I sill remember those winters wearing snow suits to school. It's probably the reason I moved to Arizona!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 178

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 8:22 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
funny i moved from chicago to arizona,, then back,,, i hated arizona,,,couldnt wait to get there ,,boring as heck when i was there,,i hate the cold but you cant even work on your car in arizona if you drove it that day, it never cools offf,,,ide park my b cuda at work,,be there all day,,8 hours later temp gauge is stil at run temp,,lol
2006 chrysler pacifica
Go4toyz
Post Number: 7

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 9:06 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Wow! Ive been living here in Phoenix Az. for 28 years. Yea May thru August is Damn Hot! But the next 8 months- Car shows and 18 holes.
Oh, and you don't have to shovel 110 degrees.
And only 5 hrs. from San Diego!
Daily driver with AC- Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi.
Fstfish66
Post Number: 179

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:00 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
couldnt find any local cruising or car shows when i lived there 1987, i lived out side phoenix in MESA
2006 chrysler pacifica

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: