TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

My '65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 vert pr...

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » My '65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 vert project users admin

65valiant
Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 5:50 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Here's a shot of my project....
65valiant
Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 6:10 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
D:/65Valiant/Dars-65ValWholeCar.jpg
65valiant
Friday, December 28, 2001 - 9:12 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sorry about the lousy pic quality (old scanner)...I'm still looking for both right and left mint full convertible quarter panels for it,or,failing that,a mint drivers side 64-65 Barracuda full quarter as I have a passenger side full quarter now that I could use.Please email me if you have any leads.Thanks.

Cheers,
Darwin

P.S. Neil,love the forum!
65valiant
Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:28 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
UPDATE!!!(Aug./2002) WooHoo...I finally found a mint drivers quarter!! It's from a 65'Cuda,but, we will be cutting and piecing the sections we need for the 'vert project. I located this gem at Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Sandy,Oregon (http://www.wildcatmopars.com)...They were extremely helpfull,sent me digital pics of the quarter panel and were very accomodating the day we arrived to pick it up. While they were cutting the quarter off the Cuda,we roamed the yard.Oh,man,what a thrill!! I was like "a kid in a candy store"! I highly recommend them to anyone looking for those hard to find parts.
Well,thats it for now.

Talk @ you later

Neil,like the new look!!!!!
Neilb
Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Excellent! I got a shifter cable from them, it was very good and is now on my car.

Got any more pictures of your project!?
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 589

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Any more photos? You're lucky to live near Wildcat..wow!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
65valiant
Post Number: 52

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:56 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil...not really a lot of progress lately...been messing with the Dart and helping my son on his S10/350 project. I have replaced the rusty floor pan (worse than your Valiant)with a complete,factory pan(firewall to under rear seat)that I cut from a solid 4 door car in a wrecker here.Have to weld in my 4 speed tunnel also. I got both full quarters from 2 different '65 Barracuda's (one local, 1 from Wildcat) and cut-and-pieced wheel-wells and trunk extensions into the Valiant.I'm just now getting ready to finish-weld the drivers' quarter skin onto the car.I picked up a '65 273-2 and automatic for nothin' from a guy who was cleaning out his garage and just wanted it gone. It's locked up,but it would've probably needed boring anyway. I also picked up a '65 273 bellhousing,flywheel,Z-bar and bottom cover at Cloverdale Swap meet a few years ago,so with the Six-Banger A833(low 1st gear),8-3/4 and 3.23,she should go OK, but thats a ways down the road yet. Next time you're out and you have more free time,come over and take a peek.
I do have some pics,but they are from the pre-digital days and I'd have to find a place to scan them.

Sorry for long story...
Darwin/Victoria BC/Canada
'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
170/factory A833...eternal project

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904...now with "Collector" status
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 591

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Excellent. I might be back in Victoria in November, and I'll take you up on your offer to come visit.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
65valiant
Post Number: 53

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:15 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
...and we'll get the posse together again, too!!!!
Darwin/Victoria BC/Canada
'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
170/factory A833...eternal project

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904...now with "Collector" status

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: