TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

EVBC Prez's Ride

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » EVBC Prez's Ride users admin

Daprez
Post Number: 1

Monday, January 21, 2008 - 1:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey All, just checking out the forums and decided to add my car to the list. I have posted more pics back at the EVBC website. the picture was taken last summer at the Barracuda's 1st car show.

http://www.earlycuda.org/members/prez.htm
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 990

Monday, January 21, 2008 - 1:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Excellent! Nice to see your car is finally running and driving! I wish I could say the same.. :-(

I owe you $20....don't let me forget.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Donc1965
Post Number: 292

Monday, January 21, 2008 - 2:30 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hi Roger, I really hope you can make Carlisle this year, even if your car is not completely finished.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
64valiant
Post Number: 226

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 5:19 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Cool
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Daprez
Post Number: 11

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:17 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Here We are at Carlisle 2008. At Carliale 2008
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Times Car Was At Carlisle: 1 (Finally!)
64valiant
Post Number: 248

Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:56 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey are we every going to get more letters from the club. I haven't seen anything in years?
six pack induction
mini tubed
Daprez
Post Number: 12

Friday, July 18, 2008 - 4:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The club has gone totally electronic. An all internet based club. I post updates via the EVBC mailing list to keep members informed.

So if your on the list, you should be getting the bi-monthly updates.
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Times Car Was At Carlisle: 1 (Finally!)
64valiant
Post Number: 249

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 4:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I has asked Clif once and he said I was still on the list. I wonder if you might not have my latest email address? lee.robbins@leggett.com
six pack induction
mini tubed
Daprez
Post Number: 25

Monday, February 16, 2009 - 4:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The Weather here has been good enough lately to melt all the snow and evaporate all the puddles so I could take the Barracuda for a nice long ride.

Cruising on the highway at 75 mph, one hand on the wheel, the sun shining and the tunes blasting.

Man, I needed that! Bring On Spring!
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Times Car Was At Carlisle: 1 (2008, Finally!)
64valiant
Post Number: 257

Monday, February 16, 2009 - 5:07 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My email isn't that anymore.

It's

leerobbins11@yahoo.com
six pack induction
mini tubed
Donc1965
Post Number: 388

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 3:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Roger, does this mean the transmission leak has been repaired?

I started my Barracuda up a couple of weeks ago, but just backed it into the driveway. It was still too wet for a cruise.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Beccaruda65
Post Number: 53

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 7:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I took the Marshmallow out for a spin on Sunday. I agree with Roger regarding the sun shining and the tunes playing! For the first time ever, someone behind me at a traffic light snapped a picture on their cell phone.
1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273
2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 6-speed
Columbus, OH
Daprez
Post Number: 27

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 9:11 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
No,Don not yet. I just make short trips and keep an eye on the fluid level. The leaking issue coming home from Carlisle has not cropped back up, but I do have a second 904 on the bench, in pieces, performing a rebuild. All new seals, clutches, etc.

I plan to swap the rebuild unit next month and make any adjustments this spring.
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Daprez
Post Number: 47

Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 4:28 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My 1st Torqueflite overhaul is in the books as a success. The TransGo shift kit works well firming up the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. No overlap between shifts and not a harsh shift.

I also have changed a few engine gaskets, distributor o ring and for the first time my car does not leak a drop of any fluid. No more cardboard on the garage floor!
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Mojack
Post Number: 120
Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 5:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
No leaks! That's quite an accomplishment and the trans kit too! Which level of the kit did you use?
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 207

Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 6:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Congrats Boss! On your 1st Torqueflite overhaul...

Now since your cuda don't leak, replace the "cardboard" (yuk) with nice "carpet"... So, you can fall asleep like I do when working on the cuda!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 285

Monday, March 16, 2009 - 5:21 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
kool congrats,,never done an auto,,but a manual is pretty easy
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica
Daprez
Post Number: 48

Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I used the Trans Go SK-TFSC Kit. From their website.

Corrects: Converter slip-shudder. Leaks out vent or lever. Front bushing and seal burnup.
Drainback Complaint.
Soft, mushy 1-2 shift. Extended 2-3 shift.

I could not be happier as I just wanted it to shift better and that it does.

And as for sleeping under the car, that's why creepers have pillows!
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Elephant
Post Number: 12

Monday, March 16, 2009 - 5:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Is leaking a common thing for everyone?
Daprez
Post Number: 49

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 9:57 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well in my case it was. Some repairs were done with bubble gum and bailing wire in the past just to get the car rolling. Making the trip to Carlisle last year was a real shakedown for all systems and to identify any issues.

I went back and replaced engine gaskets where there was rtv sealant, same for the differential cover.
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Diablo
Post Number: 17

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
"Is leaking a common thing for everyone?"

I changed the pan gasket on my transmission more than a few times and it still didn't stop leaking, but it seems to have stopped itself somehow. I also have a small leak in my main engine seal, but again nothing major, just good to check the fluid levels once in a while.

Would you happen to know what the rims you have are called Daprez. I've seen em on a good few cudas and I'm really starting to like them.
Daprez
Post Number: 50

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:57 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
They are your basic "Aluminum Slot" rims. They were made by the Ansen Automotive company and later by American Racing Wheels. When I was in High School,(I'm going to date myself now) your choices for cool rims were the Keystone Classic, Cragar S/S or Aluminum Slots.

Check out some classic rim history at
http://www.roadsters.com/wheels/
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT
Diablo
Post Number: 19

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:18 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks a bunch, I'm definitely going to look into getting me a set eventually.
Daprez
Post Number: 83

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Much has been done to the car this year. See my timeline by clicking here http://www.earlycuda.org/members.htm and click the Flickr link there.

And here are my new Side Stripes. The paint wase'nt even dry before I pulled out the camera. Even the wife likes them.

Side Stripes
1966 Plymouth Barracuda
318 V8, AT
Colchester, CT

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: