TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Wife's 66 Signet ragtop

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Wife's 66 Signet ragtop users admin

66ragtop
Post Number: 60
Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 8:35 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It's just about done. Still some issues to clean up but 95% done. Pics from when we bought it, stripped for paint and the final product. Not perfect but a nice little driver.

Got to hand it to her, she was there every step of the way. The guys down at the parts store know her pretty well. She did most of the interior dying and was on her creeper right next to me.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=11502219&uid=2764316
Menko
Post Number: 67

Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 9:08 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
would you please send those pictures to *my* wife? I would LOVE to get her one of those...and drive it myself. What did you use to dye the interior? How's it working out?

Looks great!

MJ
66ragtop
Post Number: 61
Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 9:18 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks Menko,

We used SEM products on the interior. Really happy with the results. Multiple light coats of the Portola Red followed by the clear.

The rear panels that were in the car were in sad shape when we bought it. There was a hole punched in one and the other had a large crack. They could've been repaired but I got a pair off ebay for cheap money. They were red but they had seen better days. I stripped them and she did them in red.

One more thing, if anyone tells you that those rear panels are the same for all 64-66, they're not.

These were not 66 panels but we made them fit and you cannot tell. Thank you Mr. Jigsaw.....
Slotcarwon
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23
Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 4:31 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Cool car!
Looks awesome.
Donc1965
Post Number: 254

Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 5:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Fantastic job! Makes me pine for my old '66 Signet.

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
64valiant
Post Number: 206

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 6:39 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Killer

Lee
340, aluminum E-brock heads ported by
Ryan J @ (Shady Dell Speed shop),
six pack induction
four speed built by Passon with 2.66 first gear
8 3/4 with back brace, 4:10 gears,
spool and after market axles
mini tubed
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 84

Friday, October 12, 2007 - 11:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Great looking car, I love the interior, the red and white seats make the car.
Good job, and even better your wife helped.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: