TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Early A header

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Early A header users admin

Valiantmike
Post Number: 19
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Just received header for my 1964 Valiant. Thats right, I said header, and its a V8, not a six. Don't know why, but I'm trying to chase the other one down. The one I received looks like a nice high quality piece though. When (and if) I receive the other I'll post a pic of the pair. Mike
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 646

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 3:27 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Were you trying to get headers?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Valiantmike
Post Number: 20
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 3:44 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I just got an email from Harold Johnson of Spitfire Headers. He said he sends them out one at a time, for some reason. Should receive the other shortly.
Valiantmike
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 22
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 4:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Heres a pic of the header I received. Looks like nice welds and a good fabrication job. Mike
Custom100
Post Number: 3
Monday, April 09, 2007 - 4:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
those look good. i know this is a stupid question but here goes any way, how do the collectors fit. they look as though they will be mid to 3/4 of the way down the block?

i'm just wondering as i have a 65 with a 273 that i want to fit headers to.
Valiantmike
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:29 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Custom100, I'm not quite sure, because they havn't arrived yet. I'll post a pic when they get here. Mike
340fish
Post Number: 13

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Those are slick... I like the shorty/block hugger idea. I just took the headers off my '63 to have them Jet coated. What a pain in the @$$. If the fenders weren't already cut I would be considering switching to the Spitfires.

hooker fenderwell headers
Jahsh
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 23

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 9:36 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
This is the first time I have heard Harold shipping only one header at a time. That guy makes some nice headers - but sometimes just does some odd stuff.
Valiantmike
Advanced Member
Post Number: 37
Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:33 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I received the other header shortly after. They look real good. I also have fenderwells on the car at this time, but I'm removing them and repairing where fenderwells were cut. Its a street car and I just don't like the headers into the front wheel area.
Cudafish
Post Number: 4

Friday, July 17, 2009 - 9:00 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
To 340fish, the spitfires are nice, quality. They dump right into the torsion bars so a very experienced muffler man is needed to bend the pipe and get everything set up right, meaning flanges positioned and welded to headers so you can remove the header from the engine when needed. Over all I give these a A+ though because I was able to just stick them right on without removing anything. The hole in the fenderwell are easy to fix. Just use nice pliable sheet metal and pop rivet them on and paint. Even with fenderwell headers I recommend the sheet metal around the hole, but you would want it to be aluminum and unpainted in that case for heat. Keeps the paint from burning and gives the hole a clean look.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: