TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Bob's '64ragtop

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Bob's '64ragtop users admin

64ragtop
Advanced Member
Post Number: 32
Friday, March 24, 2006 - 8:54 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
My '64 Dart 'vert was bought from Universal Studios In California, and owned by the P.O. for 25 years. Had a 225 /6, but was updated to a 318 with a 904 automatic and disk brakes with an 8&1/4" rear and large bolt pattern wheels. I added dual 2&1/4" exhaust with Flowmasters and Edelbrock 650cfm 4-barrel.

the Semi-Famous '64ragtop
64ragtop
Advanced Member
Post Number: 34
Friday, March 24, 2006 - 9:16 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
But here's a pic' of one that's always inspired me!

Gene Snow from Dallas, Texas
Njcudanut
Advanced Member
Post Number: 37
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 1:52 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Your '64 has a '63 style grille.
64ragtop
Advanced Member
Post Number: 35
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 3:01 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm fairly active on half a dozen or so mopar related boards/sites and my avatat is a dead-on front view of the car.
My username is " '64ragtop" and three hours after I post my picture here, I'm BUSTED!
The previous owner put the '63 grille in after he put those 7" driving lights on the bumper and found that the convex '64 grille didn't fit anymore. I kinda like the '63 grille anyway, and driving in the Texas Hill Country I will not ditch the lights. Those deer are small (maybe Great Dane size) but they're tougher than hell. There's an insurance company here whose billboards show a deer and a car with a smashed front end. The tag line on the board is: "It's not a question of IF - It's a question on WHEN!"
So - now ya know - - - the rest of the story
Njcudanut
Advanced Member
Post Number: 38
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 3:16 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Damn, I thought I was the ONLY idiot up this early on a Saturday morning!! I agree 101%, the '63 grille does look the cleanest!! The reason I noticed is because I am ALWAYS on the lookout for '63 Darts, just because I prefer that grille. That is a super looking Dart you have!!
Nh_cuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 35
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 5:51 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
64, nice car....
Pineapple
Post Number: 10
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 7:29 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Nice car.I was looking at a early dart when I purchased my 65 Barracuda.I still have a soft spot in my heart for them.Grew up around a 63 and a 64 dart GT /6 4 spd.
65 Formula S Wannabe
(The Blu Fish)
South West Tn.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 346
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 9:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It's nice to see some Darts, because usually around here it's all Barracudas and Valiants.

I was wondering what the big lights were for, but your deer story makes sense. Be careful out there!

Avatars? There's a way to do it here on the EVBC Early B-Body Forum, but I haven't figured it all out yet.
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: