TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Menko's 62 Lancer

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » Menko's 62 Lancer users admin

Menko
Post Number: 2
Friday, February 03, 2006 - 8:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Here's a few pics of the Lancer since I got it. I've owned it since November of 2004 and done a few things to it. It was in excellent shape when I bought it, but needed some TLC since it had been sitting for over 20 years. Still, you can't complain!

I've so far done:

1--Engine replacement (swap 170-->225)
225, compcams 252 cam, 68 head ported/polished with .100 off, 2x1 offy intake, dutra dual exhaust with stock rear manifold, electronic ignition (GM HEI), HO Oil pump with hardened gear, and i'm sure a few other things.

Anyway, the pics!

(Message edited by menko on February 03, 2006)
Menko
Post Number: 3
Friday, February 03, 2006 - 8:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
As I found it...sitting for 20 years

First Wash: it was 20F but I didn't care

Car is coming along at this point, but still 170 motor

Full frontal

Motor Time

New motor is in

My son likes the car too

Car as of January 2006
Donc1965
Advanced Member
Post Number: 41
Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 5:17 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That's Beautiful! Any pictures of the interior?

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
1970 Fury III
Rocky Hill, CT
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 216
Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 6:59 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
The dual carbs are cool! It's interesting how many of the parts are just like those on a later Valiant/Barracuda/Dart, yet the package as a whole is much different. Much smaller engine bay!

The Cragars look great!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Pineapple
Post Number: 5
Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 11:42 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
That is one sweet ride.Who says that you can't have a cool four door!
Menko
Post Number: 4
Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 8:03 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks guys! I confess that I really truly love the pics of the 65-66 cuda, and wish I had one, but I've also come to love this car for what it is, not what its not.

Its true, I would have a *much* more difficult time putting a 273 in there than you guys with slightly newer A bodies. That's the breaks, but as you can see, the car was too nice not to love.

I will try and pull it out for some interior shots. I'm not really sure what happened to them but I can't find them. Here's a few that I do have

Front

Right door

Instrument cluster (yes that's original miles)

Hours of hood cleaning came out pretty nice

(Message edited by menko on February 04, 2006)
Ozcuda
Advanced Member
Post Number: 47
Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 8:53 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
G'day Menko,
I do believe that I would love 1 of them in my garage.
Menko
Post Number: 5
Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:16 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
G, as an aussie, you guys see a lot more of these than in the states (though I guess most are Valiants, not Lancers). I thought you might like this one ;)

Got a long list of stuff I'm tackling. I've been waylaid on my disc brake project by other factors and trying to get a master brake cylinder that will work for my application.

MJ
Slow_s
Post Number: 4
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 4:41 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Greetings from another Aus, very nice, makes mine look very ordinary. I'll post some pic's of my S Series, show the differences.

Leanne
Post Number: 1
Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 8:02 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Both are very nice cars, but the trim along the front fender of the Lancer curling around the name has always seemed so neat to me, as has the detail on the4 back quarter.
Menko
Advanced Member
Post Number: 50

Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 8:39 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I agree Leanne, it just gives it a small little boost, esp on a dark colored car. I hadn't looked closely before, but still.

I've always liked the big valiant grille, and S cars with the spare tire bump in the boot.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome aboard!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: