TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

65 Barracuda Commando V8 - Hello from...

The Early A-Body Forum » Members Area » 65 Barracuda Commando V8 - Hello from Europe! users admin

Lord_of_frisco
Post Number: 1
Monday, January 22, 2018 - 2:45 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hello!

My name is Marvin, I'm 24 years old and I'm from Vienna (Austria-Europe).

Since winter 2016 there is a new Mopar in my garage:

A special order 1965 Plymouth Barracuda Commando V8 with the 273c.i. 4bbl - 904TF. It was the first year for the High-Performance 273c.i. Small Block with a 4bbl. carburetor, special camshaft, non-silenced air cleaner, special pistons and a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio in a Barracuda. The car still has the original engine and drivetrain and is well documented. The Barracuda was ordered by F.M. Tarbuk - Chrysler dealer in Austria, Europe. Therefor they mounted H4 Headlights, it has a kp/h Speedometer, special turn signals and a headlight flasher (see pictures). This fish came with original special order 14" tires - now 14" Mag Wheels are mounted (on most of the pics you can see the old Cragar S/S) -, power breaks, power steering, remote control mirror (outside left), bumper guards (front and back), HD suspension, 6 leaf rear springs, and many options more...

This Barracuda was very expensive in Austria and so the first owner of the car was a factory owner (Tools and Metals Processing) in Vienna, who bought this car back on 5th May 1965 - sadly he passed away, but I'm in contact with his son, who remembered the car and now runs the factory.

Here is a picture from 3rd May 1965:
3rd May 1965

I really like the design of the early fishes. The '66 has straigth lines and is damn cool, but '64-'65 has this awesome sick early design. 1965 Barracudas had the new center console (so little and so sweet!), while the '64 had the push button, so '65 was the year for me! The color - as you can see at the Tag or the Broadcast Sheet ist SS1 "Ivory". A few little things aren't original like the disc brakes. The car was ordered with power brakes and 14" but with drum brakes. The preowner stored the drums after the conversion, so maybe I will install the drum brakes again. Also the front door panels aren't original.

first row:
2 9 9
left remote o/s mirror (only available after build date 11-11-64, except on Imperial.)
variable wiper w/ washer
special order car/international export car

second row:
AB DEF Q V Z
31 551 1 3 2
273 4bbl Automatic Heater Defroster Power Breaks
a-m music master/economy back up lights Front bucket seats and console

third row:
SQ Number BDY TRM Paint
223 99701 V89* P4X** SS1
23rd February 1965 factory invoice number Valiant Barracuda Ivory

*) Valiant(incl. Barracuda), V8 Barracuda + Taxi, Barracuda

**) premium front bucket seat, vinyl bucket seats, black

I was able to decode a lot of things - with the help of friends (FABO and German Moparforum);-)
273 4bbl
904 TF
axle 2.93:1 ratio

Special Order Tires 14

Heater - Front with defroster

Power Breaks
Power Steering
6 Leaf Rear Springs
HD Suspension

Remote Control Mirror, outside left
Day/Nite, inside rear-view

Back-up lights
Bumper Guards, front & rear
Instrument panel, safety-padded
Radio, Transaudio AM, with antenna
Seat belts, retractable, front only
Steering wheel, 3 spoke simulated wood
Undercoating

Special Order Car

With the old Cragars...

With Mag-Wheels

My second Mopar is a 1970 Dodge Dart Custom GT (1 of 903). The car has the LH VIN, with the "H" for custom and the "A65" Code - GT package/trim with the 318c.i., TF 904 automatic transmission, 8 3/4 (now with sure grip - only thing not matching numbers), buckets and center console, triple green, all matching numbers. Built for Canada, the car made quite a long journey till it ended up in my garage. In 1971 the Dart was in New Jersey (as you can see on the sticker on the windshield - valid until august 1972) and since december 1971 the Dart runs in Austria, Europe. Therefor they mounted H4 headlights and yellow/orange turn lights. I bought this car at the age of 18. Now I've mounted some old patinated Cragar S/S.

Not an early Mopar, but I love the Dart!

Here is a video starring my Barracuda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JinCPWLizSQ&t

Greets
Lord of Frisco
Goin' 90, but I ain't scary, 'cause I've got the Virgin Mary

https://www.youtube.com/user/lordoffrisco
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 188
Monday, January 22, 2018 - 7:56 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
What a great story! I love it! Very cool video too, I watched it all and enjoyed seeing everyone race!
Admin
Administrator
Post Number: 189
Monday, January 22, 2018 - 7:57 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Are there lots of American muscle cars in Vienna? I never would have imagined!
Lord_of_frisco
Post Number: 2
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 7:56 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Well there are quite some Muscle Cars in Vienna and they are getting more and more. On the one hand we have the special order cars, like my Barracuda or the '66 Valiant Station 200 273C.I. four speed of my father, or his '71 Duster 340 and then we have the cars, that were imported recently.

When you watch the "Joyride" videos or the "Moparty" videos on my Youtube-Channel you can see some of our cars in Vienna.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7-kl_gzuIk&index=2&list=PLpnPg8G6HJATDrsjV3FeE7g0eu1Hoa2uO

This Barracuda - '66 273 2bbl - is parked in the same garage as my fish...

This is the first come together of the Joyride Connection:

Back then the '65 Barracuda wasn't mine...

On the far right you can see another '66 Barracuda (original Formula S, now with a 360C.I.).

The yellow Challenger on the left (see also my first posting) is also a special order car by the Tarbuk Chrysler Dealer (383C.I. convertible).

So we have some Muscle Cars and also the first gen fishes are getting more and more (most of them 1966)
Goin' 90, but I ain't scary, 'cause I've got the Virgin Mary

https://www.youtube.com/user/lordoffrisco

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: