TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

A Feel Good Moment

The Early A-Body Forum » Other Discussions » A Feel Good Moment users admin

Daprez
Post Number: 91

Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 4:08 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It feels good when you drive down the road and you get a 'Thumbs Up" from someone or you get to talking to some stranger about your car at a show and they like what they see. Having had both of those experiences I can tell you really feels good, but today I had a new one.

I had taken the wife to the grocery store in the Barracuda and while I backed into a shady spot someone pulls up beside me. I get out and he says " Nice car! Are you interested in selling it?" I told him no that I had too much blood, sweat and tears into it to sell it now. We talked for a few minutes and he went on his way.

I guess I'm doing something right if I'm getting offers to sell it! I had a permagrin for the next hour! I still get the warm fuzzies thinking about it.

And, no. He didn't drop a figure and I didn't offer one.
1966 Barracuda, 318 TQ 4bbl, 904 AT, 7 1/4 rear, 4 Piston Kelsey/Hays Disc Brakes, 10 Rear Drum, MoPar Electronic Ignition.
Barracudabad64
Post Number: 78

Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 6:13 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Roger yes it is a nice feeling when people say nice car or give you a thumbs up. I drive mine to town about three times a week (32 mils round trip) and I have yet not gotten a comment or a thumbs up. My 65 is aq long ways from being a nice car as the body is rough and paint is peeling and faded in other spots but is still feels nice to know people appreciate are early A bodies. Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer. barracudabad64
Brion
Post Number: 62

Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 6:47 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
A guy recently stopped and asked me in earnest about my 66 v200 four door. He really liked the paint and after asking about it wanted to know what I wanted for it- off hand I said I was not ready to sell but would need at least $6500 (lo for what is in the car after all these years) he handed me a business card and said when you are ready...

I still ain't ready...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: