TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Impatient driving

The Early A-Body Forum » Other Discussions » Impatient driving users admin

Goldfish65
Post Number: 1
Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:49 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Please be more careful than I was. I rearended an indecisive driver turning onto access road. Trust me, you don't want to see what Goldie's front end looks like now. It's sickening. Don't let it happen to you.
Mojack
Post Number: 99
Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:54 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Sorry to hear that..very sorry, everyone is OK?
Keith_mopar
Post Number: 143

Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Goldfish65, was the back end of the car wrecked as well?
The big thing is, was anybody hurt? Can you put her back on the road?
Sorry to here your luck.
Keith Mopar
99-Ram 96-Avenger 91-Shadow 91-Daytona 89-Shadow 74-Duster 65-Cuda 92 Lebaron convertible
www.moparmagic.net
Goldfish65
Post Number: 2
Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:55 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
No physical injuries, thank God. Car I hit had minimal damage. Mostly I'm mad @ myself but the other guy didn't help matters with his stopping, starting, stopping. Meanwhile I brought Goldie to a friend's so I don't have to look @ the damage. Driver's fender, grill, valance panel& piece above bumper all damaged. Bumper ok cuz other car overrode it. It will all get fixed but not immediately.Thanks to all for kind words; I'm still in the 'anger phase' haha.
Cool6
Post Number: 9

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:58 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I'm sorry to here about your fender bender. The folks at Dr. Mopar helped me out after I creamed a 10point buck with my valiant. They are kind of slow to ship things, but they were really nice people to deal with.
Goldfish65
Post Number: 10

Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:44 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Good news, Goldie got a new fender, hood, & grille. Bodywork & paint. Was totally worth it. Thanks for all the kind words. I'll have pics to show soon.
Goldfish65
Post Number: 11

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:59 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Goldie's new look. A special thanks to Neil B. for tips on rear window tinting. I used 'platinum plus;' I was leary of the metallic look but it really seems to go with the gold paint...opinions on tint, anybody?

Brion
Intermediate Member
Post Number: 21

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 6:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I think the tint looks good. It will make an incredible difference in the heat in the car interior. I had the rear window tinted in my valiant when I lived in the south. It protects the interior also. It will save the necks of any rear seat passengers!
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1261

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 6:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
It's awesome! Looks very cool!

As I've said before, even though my window tinting isn't perfect, I've never regretted it. I would do it again and again and again, without even thinking about it!

It must have been a painful process right? But are YOU happy with it?
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Goldfish65
Post Number: 12

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 8:31 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Thanks for your comments...I am very happy with the bodywork and paint and I'm glad I got the platinum tint. Tintdude.com says 65 cuda rear window is in the top 5 hardest to do...I mentioned this to the glass shop but they weren't worried...had to learn the hard way. It came out almost perfect but they put in some extra hours. Of course I learned the hard way about the hazards of impatient driving!
Fstfish66
Post Number: 303

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:04 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
i think it loooks god ,and im not a fan of window tinting,,but that shade looks good
1940 dodge street rod red ram hemi
1966 barracuda super charged 340 4 speed
2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dailey driver
2006 chrysler pacifica

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: