TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . LAST: 1 | 3 | 7 DAYS . HELP! . PROFILE . REGISTER . CHAT  

Neil and Tom's Arizona Adventure

The Early A-Body Forum » Other Discussions » Neil and Tom's Arizona Adventure users admin

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 11, 2008Neilb20 6-11-08  9:12 pm
Archive through November 13, 2008Mojack20 11-13-08  6:35 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Clifcuda65
Post Number: 148

Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 2:40 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Huh? You are here already... I thought I was going to hear from you??? Are you still in Phoenix?

Good Luck no matter what!!! Hope your return trip is smooth sailing.

clif of Az
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 152

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 5:45 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Anyone hear from Neil ?

I never did hear from him here in Arizona? So I am guessing all went well getting the engine switched from the Volare wagon into the Dodge Van and he got right back on the road home... ?
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1210

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:20 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Yes Clif...we were pretty busy! No time for fun, sorry.

We got the motor out and into the van without too many problems. The throttle linkage was all wrong (2 barrel on the new motor, 1 barrel on the old) but a hammer and some bending of the bracket made it work. We had a very stiff pedal the whole way home though.

Yes, we made it home to Ottawa! The Volare was sold to some guy for $50. He was pissed off, I think because of the rust...he's not used to seeing that I guess.

I've written about our adventure over here -> http://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/vintage-vans-general-discussion-f1/neil-and-tom-s-arizona-adventurepart-two-t2211.htm

I'm not so sure I want to repeat it all here, but here's a couple of photos from our trip!

Arizona Trip 1

Arizona Trip 2

Arizona Trip 3

Arizona Trip 4

Arizona Trip 5

Arizona Trip 6

Arizona Trip 7

Arizona Trip 8

Arizona Trip 9

Arizona Trip 10
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://cuda.enbcom.com
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 153

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 3:51 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I am so glad you made it home safe... I hope the adventure was worth it for you!

I did have the 65 B'cuda fueled up with the good stuff, cleaned and ready to do a drive by had you called... but I figured you were on a pretty tight schedule and would not have time for R & R.

Oh well, maybe on the "Next" Arizona Van you make the trek for... we'll get together then...
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1211

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 5:09 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
You know, I was so looking forward to seeing your Barracuda and riding in it....and truth be told, with all the chaos and work we had to do I just completely forgot until we were half way across New Mexico and then I remembered I should have called you!

I DO plan to repeat this trip in the future, with the van I hope, at a leisurely pace and I will for sure come to visit and I hope to ride in that sweet then!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Donc1965
Post Number: 372

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 6:04 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Neil, glad to hear you and Tom made it back OK. After reading your story on the Vintage-Vans website, it sounds like you guys had another interesting trip! I enjoyed reading about the Burger King incident (What, no strip search?)

Don
1965 Barracuda Commando V8 (non Formula S)
Rocky Hill, CT
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 155

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 6:14 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
I read the Vintage Vans story and isn't it great to have a digital camera for picture playback! Though, you still should not have to PROVE your innocence.

Boy those "65 S" plates sure get a lot of use....

clif of AZ.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1213

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 6:34 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
haha..ya well ah...those plates just happen to have a valid sticker, so we took them along.

Again, I wish the blonde cop had found reason to arrest us! :-)
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Beccaruda65
Advanced Member
Post Number: 50

Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 10:10 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Neil,
I really enjoyed your photos and travelogue. I wonder if Canadian plates can be checked in the USA. Seems the "65 S" plates could've caused trouble if the cops ran 'em and saw they were registered to a different vehicle. Maybe you could've gotten closer to the female cop!

Anyway, glad the trip was mostly trouble-free. Thanks for sharing!

Becca
1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273
2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 6-speed
Columbus, OH
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 156

Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 6:19 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Looks like the Cops were good sports to pose for a photo. Glad it worked out and you had a great adventure. My concern is this is going to push your "Barracuda Resurrection Project" further back in the garage.

You know, after you abandoned that Van during your first trip to Phoenix, I even gave brief thought to go snag it for myself. Really! Even thought about putting a commando 273 in it. with exposed square tip resonator. Oh well, no time now days for such a project.
Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1214

Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 7:32 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Haha...now that would be cool! What a great idea Clif!

Actually yes, the van has put my Barracuda on the back burner, but that's okay. The Barracuda has been a big disappointment in many ways ever since I first got it. I've lots of problems every year. The accident last year just about knocked me off the wagon, I considered selling it. But I didn't..instead I vowed to fix it.

It's been more work than I expected, and I think my venture into Van territory is a much needed rest from the Barracuda, and I'm enjoying the van too. The drive from Phoenix to Ottawa (times 2) was probably the same amount of mileage I've put on my Barracuda in 5 years!

Anyhow, this Saturday the vans are going away for winter and the Barracuda will become my focus all winter...seriously, I'm telling the truth!

I appreciate you bugging me about it Clif, I need that!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Clifcuda65
Post Number: 158

Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 5:25 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Neil, Re: "The Barracuda has been a big disappointment in many ways ever since I first got it. I've lots of problems every year."

Ya know, if this hobby was "EASY"... Just where would the PRIDE come from when you drive it down the street and people give you the "Thumbs Up"? Not every one has the talent or wherewithal to bring back an almost 44 year old cuda that no dealer on earth supports! Sure, there are challenges... but that's always going to be part of such a project and that's why those "Thumbs Up" are so sweet... and not because it was "EASY"!
So, get with it and Do IT!
65valiant
Post Number: 121

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:23 am   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey Neil...I found another van for you....and this one's in Canada....and you can visit the west coast to pick it up too!!!

Check it out...

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/7858868

Darwin
Darwin/BC/Canada

'65 Cdn Valiant Custom 100 'vert
Slant 6 /factory A833

'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904

Check 'em out...
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/65val/

Neilb
Administrator
Post Number: 1278

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 1:24 pm   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)   
Hey, that's a nice one...but I need it like a hole in the head!
'65 Barracuda Formula S
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.enbro.com/cuda

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: